The worst of the COVID-19 pandemic seems to be behind us, but the virus is still here, mutating and making many of us sick. What should you and your employees know about treatment for COVID now?
1. Get tested as soon as you feel sick. As a refresher from the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath and others.
2. Consider antiviral medication. If you test positive for COVID-19 and you’re at high risk of getting seriously ill, antiviral medicines can help shrink your chances of ending up in the hospital, or even dying. These medicines work best in the first few days that you have symptoms.
3. Think about your risk factors—and those of your loved ones. Check out this article from MySouthernHealth for more information on treatments, especially if you or a loved one is at a high risk of getting seriously ill if they get COVID-19. Risk factors include:
- People 50 years and older; the older you are, the more likely you’ll feel serious effects of this illness
- People who aren’t vaccinated for COVID-19
- People with certain medical conditions, including a weakened immune system
Quick testing is key to getting the best treatment for COVID-19, so keep a test kit or two on hand, and make sure you're up to date on your COVID booster. Learn more about the booster in this post.