The Delta variant of COVID-19 has caused a surge in cases recently, with Nashville experiencing a 400% increase over the past month. Vanderbilt Health knows employers may be increasingly concerned about workplace safety in this constantly shifting environment, so we invite you to learn the latest from a Vanderbilt Health infectious disease expert in a webinar for business leaders on Friday, Aug. 6 at 1 p.m. CDT.
The webinar, titled “The Virus, the Vaccine and the Delta Variant” will feature Tom Talbot, MD, Chief Epidemiologist and the senior leader for the COVID-19 response efforts at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). In addition to answering questions from participants, Dr. Talbot will cover:
- Global, national and local updates on COVID-19 disease activity
- The efficacy and impact of COVID-19 vaccines
- What we know about the Delta variant
- Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- VUMC’s safety guidelines for its workforce
- What you can do now to stay safe personally and professionally
Join us for this important opportunity to hear the latest updates on COVID-19 vaccination and the Delta variant to inform your personal and professional lives.