With the recent surge in COVID-19 cases due to the delta variant, Vanderbilt Health has heard from many employers who are increasingly concerned about workplace safety. Employer Solutions invited Tom Talbot, MD, Chief Epidemiologist and the senior leader for the COVID-19 response efforts at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), to present a webinar today, August 6, on “The Virus, the Vaccine and the Delta Variant."
The webinar covered:
- Global, national and local updates on COVID-19 disease activity
- The efficacy and impact of COVID-19 vaccines
- What we know about the Delta variant
- Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- VUMC’s safety guidelines for its workforce
- What you can do now to stay safe personally and professionally
If you missed the presentation:
- Watch the recording here.
- View the presentation here.
- Download the transcript here.
- See Dr. Talbot's additional answers to participants' questions after the presentation was over.
Please feel free to share with your employees and their families.