Vanderbilt Health Employer Solutions realizes that you and your employees are experiencing tremendous stress concerning the coronavirus/COVID-19. Because accurate information and preparation are powerful tools in strengthening emotional health, we wanted to share the following resources to help you and your teams combat anxiety.
- The mental health impact of the pandemic is top of mind for Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s adult and pediatric behavioral health experts, such as James Kendall, LCSW, CEAP, manager of VUMC’s Work/Life Connections Employee Assistance Program. He recently wrote a helpful article on Managing Coronavirus Stress.
- MySouthernHealth.com has also published helpful articles to pass along to your employees, including What Parents Can Tell Children About Coronavirus and Proactive Coronavirus Prevention Measures to Follow.
And here are other sources to help you and your teams address the psychological and behavioral health impacts of the pandemic:
- “Keeping Your Distance to Stay Safe … while still getting the social support you need” from the American Psychological Association.
- “Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak” from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- “Managing Anxiety and Stress” from the Centers from Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Please reach out to the Vanderbilt Health Employer Solutions team with any questions or need for additional resources.