The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently released guidance for the upcoming holiday season. With the latest CDC data showing the mortality rate from COVID-19 element times higher in unvaccinated adults than the vaccinated, the best way to minimize COVID-19 risk is to ensure you are fully vaccinated. Other recommendations include:
- Wear well-fitting masks indoors if not fully vaccinated.
- In communities with substantial COVID-19 transmission, wear masks in public indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status.
- Gather outdoors when possible.
- Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces.
- If you're taking medications or have a condition that weakens your immune system, wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Do not attend or host a gathering if you're sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
The CDC reiterated that the best way to protect those not yet eligible for vaccination such as young children is to get yourself and other eligible people around them vaccinated.
Learn more on this page of the CDC website.